there better be a damn video
i have NO regret reblogging this
There BETTER be a friggin’ video
I normally don’t reblog my own post but this was necessary.OH MY GOD PEOPLE I PROMISE THERE WILL BE A VIDEO.
Will you add the video to this post?
25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25
1. Make peace with your parents. Whether you finally recognize that they actually have your best interests in mind or you forgive them for being flawed human beings, you can’t happily enter adulthood with that familial brand of resentment.
2. Kiss someone you think is out of your league; kiss models and med students and entrepreneurs with part-time lives in Dubai and don’t worry about if they’re going to call you afterward.
3. Minimize your passivity.
4. Work a service job to gain some understanding of how tipping works, how to keep your cool around assholes, how a few kind words can change someone’s day.
5. Recognize freedom as a 5:30 a.m. trip to the diner with a bunch of strangers you’ve just met.
6. Try not to beat yourself up over having obtained a ‘useless’ Bachelor’s Degree. Debt is hell, and things didn’t pan out quite like you expected, but you did get to go to college, and having a degree isn’t the worst thing in the world to have. We will figure this mess out, I think, probably; the point is you’re not worth less just because there hasn’t been an immediate pay off for going to school. Be patient, work with what you have, and remember that a lot of us are in this together.
7. If you’re employed in any capacity, open a savings account. You never know when you might be unemployed or in desperate need of getting away for a few days. Even $10 a week is $520 more a year than you would’ve had otherwise.
8. Make a habit of going outside, enjoying the light, relearning your friends, forgetting the internet.
9. Go on a 4-day, brunch-fueled bender.
10. Start a relationship with your crush by telling them that you want them. Directly. Like, look them in the face and say it to them. Say, I want you. I want to be with you.
11. Learn to say ‘no’ — to yourself. Don’t keep wearing high heels if you hate them; don’t keep smoking if you’re disgusted by the way you smell the morning after; stop wasting entire days on your couch if you’re going to complain about missing the sun.
12. Take time to revisit the places that made you who you are: the apartment you grew up in, your middle school, your hometown. These places may or may not be here forever; you definitely won’t be.
13. Find a hobby that makes being alone feel lovely and empowering and like something to look forward to.
14. Think you know yourself until you meet someone better than you.
15. Forget who you are, what your priorities are, and how a person should be.
16. Identify your fears and instead of letting them dictate your every move, find and talk to people who have overcome them. Don’t settle for experiencing .000002% of what the world has to offer because you’re afraid of getting on a plane.
17. Make a habit of cleaning up and letting go. Just because it fit at one point doesn’t mean you need to keep it forever — whether ‘it’ is your favorite pair of pants or your ex.
18. Stop hating yourself.
19. Go out and watch that movie, read that book, listen to that band you already lied about watching, reading, listening to.
20. Take advantage of health insurance while you have it.
21. Make a habit of telling people how you feel, whether it means writing a gushing fan-girl email to someone whose work you love or telling your boss why you deserve a raise.
22. Date someone who says, “I love you” first.
23. Leave the country under the premise of “finding yourself.” This will be unsuccessful. Places do not change people. Instead, do a lot of solo drinking, read a lot of books, have sex in dirty hostels, and come home when you start to miss it.
24. Suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro.
25. Quit that job that’s making you miserable, end the relationship that makes you act like a lunatic, lose the friend whose sole purpose in life is making you feel like you’re perpetually on the verge of vomiting. You’re young, you’re resilient, there are other jobs and relationships and friends if you’re patient and open.” —
Unknown (via tyleroakley)
I lovelovelove that there’s two things on this list I haven’t done. And that’s because I’m too poor to fly overseas. Is life really supposed to be like this? Because I can have all this plus dark days. It’s not like following these 25 steps ensures total happiness; 23/25 and I still consider myself depressed on days. Silly human condition. But I guess this is as close to happiness as I can fly right now. It’s kinda warm and safe near the sun.
If I die, Tell my family and Nathan I love them. Let everyone else ponder mystically.
So again, with the intoxication. Fourth of July party was amazing, Drunk Apples to Apples the day before, and tonight, should kick ass, and there we go. It’s not really about who said what or what anyone but I wore….
So Pass Pipes is a go. There’s waiting till Monday to see if the owner responds to any other ads, then it’s signing a lease, buying ten thousand dollars worth of stuff, and crafting like our lives depend on it.
I’m pretty sure everyone is judging us hardxcorex for this. Opening. A. Head. Shop. Of course, me, myself, and I know it’s a looooooooooot more than just that and frankly I’m tired of reiterating why this isn’t fool hardy.
Just finished painting homework. Nathan’s so upset at his job today, all I did was go to the beach, get Starbucks (free), and groceries (not so free), I feel crazy guilty not working. Broken record much?
But I guess things are a lot better. Shiny lights will do that to a girl
“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.”
And for once, I’ve stopped reading as there’s nowhere else I’d rather be. We have no time to read. We have time to craft, freak, & throw a store together. Here’s to not being able to have champagne at the opening day celebration.” —Mark Twain (via celines)
RAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNNNNNNN OMG RAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN
Living on the water has it’s advantages sometimes. And sometimes it doesn’t, like Hurricane Debby.
And sometimes, you’re just too awesome to let life dictate what you do that day.
We took the kayaks out on the street, inspired by Jason and our neighbor. Between that, the beach with it’s ten foot high waves, and spending so much time with Jimmy and Nicole after, it was quite a social day. These are the moments I want to treasure and hold on to. Stupid, reckless, fun. I didn’t jump in the backyard water like I wanted to. I sat on the seat and was already soaked but no one wanted to come with at the time and everyone was watching. It felt weird, and I regret not going. But that’s not worth tainting the whole day over. I just wanted to tell someone.
I didn’t take many photos cause of the water, but I’m sure I’ll remember my city flooding for a long time. It really inspired a bit of pride in a person I think. Banding together as neighbors, discussing evacuation routes, and making community runs to the local fire department to get sandbags.
Why is a reoccurring theme of this blog intoxication? Well it is, and I just dealt with L so it’s…..allllll goooood.
I don’t think Aerielle knows how old I am. It doens’t really matter but I know she’s 24 so it IS kinda of a difference. Four years, three soon. But still, the year that matters.
I got kicked out of Nathan’s store today. Not by mgnmt but by him. I can’t come back because I’m apparently expecting “too much” when I come with “cold McDonalds”. I think, if he bought me lunch and came by on his time I’d be crazy grateful, but I’m not working, so I need to shut up. And, put on my party dress & sorry face and apologize. Damn that keeps coming up to.
I think I’m closer to peace too. Listening to everyone’s horror stories? It makes things a bit easier, I guess. Makes my story seem like a walk in the park. In reality, I really need to:
GO BACK NOW. Quit at the start of fall next year. But I don’t want to. I’ll go back in Spring, or after Fall.If I get a Tampa class, the point’s moot, I can’t work that day. But maybe a part time……I’ll see.
I LOVE YOU.
There’s really nothing to write about today.
I have a captains hat. And I hung out with Aerielle today. That’s about it